Mitchell, C. and Chu, M. (2014). Open Education Resources: The New Paradigm in Academic Libraries. Journal of Library Innovation, 5(1): 13-29.
Chu, M. (2009). Ageism in Academic Librarianship. The Electronic Journal of Academic and Special Librarianship, 10(2).
Chu, M., and Meulemans, Y.N. (2008). The problems and potential of Myspace and Facebook usage in academic libraries. Internet Reference Services Quarterly, 13(1): 69-85.
Chu, M. (2007).Universidad del Bio-Bio and California State University San Marcos: A Comparative Case Study of Academic Libraries. New Library World, 108(7/8): 370-377.
Chu, M. (2005). Two Sides of the Same Coin: Reaching Non-traditional Students [Interview]. The Community College Enterprise: A Journal of Research and Practice, 11(2), 7-20.
Chu, M. (2005, Sept-Oct). Outreach Initiatives to Nontraditional Students at Cal State San Marcos. Versed, Bulletin for the Office of Diversity, American Library Association.
- Exhibit analytics and student engagement with art installations
- Cross-cultural analysis of international academic libraries
- Age discrimination in academic librarianship
- Community Engagement Faculty Advisory Committee (2014-current)
- WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) CSUSM Steering Committee (2013-15)
- Academic Senate, Elected Senator (2009-11, 2014-16) and Executive Committee Member (2010 and 2015)
- Faculty Grants Committee (2013-14)
- Associate Vice President, Diversity, Educational Equity and Inclusion and Ombuds Search Committee Member (2013)
- Professional Leave Committee, Chair (2015-16, 2012-13) and Member (2011-12)
- Library Peer Review Committee, Chair (2011-12) and Member (2012-14)
- Arts and Lectures Committee (2011-13, and 2004-06)
- First Year Council (2010-12)
- University Global Affairs Committee (2009-14)
- Panetta Institute Congressional Internship Selection Committee (2009-14)
- Associate Director of Multicultural Programs Search Committee (2008)
- Faculty Center Advisory Committee (2008-12)
- Disability Access & Compliance Committee (2006-09)
- Institute for Social Justice and Equity Planning Committee (2005-09)
- Facilitating Graduation Steering Committee (2005-07)
- First Year Student Success Task Force (2004)
- Academic Senate Student Affairs Committee, Co-Chair (2004-05) and Member (2003-07)
Selected Professional Development
- Western Museum Association Annual Meeting, San Jose, Oct 24-27, 2015
- Engagement Scholarship Consortium, Edmonton Alberta Canada, October 6-8, 2014
- AVID for Higher Education (AHE) Workshop Series, CSUSM, Spring 2014
- WASC Academic Resource Conference, Los Angeles, April 23-25, 2014
- Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians, Harvard University, July 28-Aug 2, 2013
- Improving Library Services for Users with Disabilities, American Library Association, online
- SafeZone Community Training, CSUSM, Spring 2013
- Creativity and Sustainability: Fostering User-Centered Innovation in Difficult Times, California Academic & Research Libraries (CARL), San Diego, April 5-7, 2012
- Academic Library Advancement and Development Network (ALADN), Flagstaff, AZ, May 16-19, 2011
- Social Justice & Equity Symposium, CSUSM, April 7, 2011
- Supporting At-Risk Students Workshop, CSUSM, August 26, 2011
- 50 Ways to Leave Your Lectern: Teaching 1st Year Students, CSUSM, August 28, 2009
- American Association of Colleges and Universities (AACU), San Diego, April 2-4, 2009
- The Importance of First: Understanding the Needs and Experiences of First-Generation College Students, University of Southern California, May 29, 2009
- Doing Justice: Collaborative Learning in a University Classroom, CSUSM, April 23, 2009
- American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE) Conference, March 9-11, 2007
- National Association for Chicana and Chicano Studies (NACCS) Conference, April 5, 2003
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- California Academic and Research Libraries (CARL)
- American Library Association (ALA)