We aim to create learning experiences that develop student-scholars.
- navigate an increasingly complex information landscape to critically evaluate, use, and create knowledge.
- seek to contribute to knowledge-sharing among experts in a field.
- appreciate, engage with, and contribute to their communities.
The library faculty of the Teaching and Learning Department:
- partner with college faculty to create impactful, transformative learning opportunities
in first year curriculum, general education, and within majors.
- consider, implement, and assess a variety of pedagogical approaches and high impact practices that foster inquiry and curiosity in our students.
Library faculty partner with the T&L library faculty in a variety of a ways. All of which focus on inquiry, research, and curiosity. T&L faculty are experts on how students learn to do research and ask questions about the world around them. We partner with college faculty to create assignments, courses, and other resources. Contact your librarian to talk about how to do this.