We cultivate student scholars.
- navigate an increasingly complex information landscape to critically evaluate, use, and create knowledge
- seek to contribute to knowledge-sharing among experts in a field
- appreciate, engage with, and contribute to their communities
The library faculty of the Teaching and Learning Department:
- partner with college faculty to create impactful, transformative learning opportunities
in first year curriculum, general education, and within majors
- consider, implement, and assess a variety of pedagogical approaches and high impact practices that foster inquiry and curiosity in our students
- collaborate with the campus community to create and sustain the University Library
- as a welcoming and safe learning environment
Why so many faculty work with us
We focus on fostering inquiry, research, and curiosity
T&L faculty are experts on how students learn to do research and ask questions about the world around them. We partner with college faculty to create assignments, courses, and other resources far beyond research papers. Learn more about how we do this.
Learning Outcomes and Assessment
The T&L has established student learning outcomes.
Learn more about our Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment Practices.