During intersession, I have a bit more time to catch up on my Google Reader feed and explore new blogs. Here are some of my favorites:
- It’s Okay To Be Smart: Tumblr by Joe Hanson (Bio PhD student). Great for the Tumblrs among us!
- All of the PLoS Blogs: Librarians, especially science librarians (and this one in particular), love the Public Library of Science (PLoS). Their blog presents timely information and often includes links to relevant literature. Especially of note is their Sci-Ed blog, featuring analysis of teaching and learning of science.
- Wired Science: Science-related news and analysis from Wired Magazine.
- Scientific American: Great overview of what’s going on in the world of science from Scientific American contributors and editors.
- The Sceptical Chymist: Blog from Nature Chemistry.
- Science Daily: Current science news and events.
- Mongabay.com: Environmental news and information.
- Ars Mathematica: Good general math blog.
- New York Times Green Blog: Posts on energy, the environment, and sustainability from NYT contributors.
- NCBI ROFL: Sometimes you just need to laugh. My personal favorite post, The hidden menace of non-equine horses.
This is just a small sampling of what’s out there — unfortunately we can never stay on top of everything! What are some of your favorites?