- International Business: Opportunities and Challenges in a Flattening World
- Living in a Globalized World
- Nationalism, Self-Determination, and Secession
Open Textbook Collections
- Search YouTube by keywords and try filtering by channel or “Creative Commons” license (these videos are specifically labeled for reuse).
Ebooks in the Library
- Go to the University Library homepage
- Choose “Books and More”
- Enter keywords and search
- Use the limiters to narrow by “Full Text Online” to ensure all results can be accessed directly from your computer
- Limit by “Books” to filter out journals and media
A selection of ebooks from our collection include:
- Border Contraband: A History of Smuggling Across the Rio Grande
- The Border Crossed Us: Rhetorics of Borders, Citizenship, and Latina/o Identity
- Border Rhetorics: Citizenship and Identity on the US-Mexico Frontier
- Border Politics: The Limits of Sovereign Power
- Cross-Border Cooperation Structures in Europe Learning from the Past, Looking to the Future
- Immigration and the Border Politics and Policy in the New Latino Century
- Mexican Voices of the Border Region: Mexicans and Mexican Americans Speak about Living along the Wall
- Run for the Border Vice and Virtue in U.S.-Mexico Border Crossings
- The U.S.-Mexican border environment : a road map to a sustainable 2020
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our ethnic studies/interdisciplinary databases for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course. This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).
This page provides examples illustrating how to find permalinks in the Library’s databases.
Please contact your librarian if you are still unsure of how to find the permalink.
- MIT Open Courseware
- Ethnic Politics I | Political Science
- Introduction to Comparative Politics
- Globalization, Migration, and International Relations | Political Science
- Globalization: The Good, the Bad and the In-Between | Literature
- The Places of Migration in United States History | History
- Race, Immigration, and Planning | Urban Studies and Planning
- Slavery and Human Trafficking in the 21st Century | Anthropology
- OER Commons