Open Textbook Collections
- Search YouTube by keyterms and try filtering by channel or “Creative Commons” license (these videos are specifically labeled for reuse).
- Tip: try searching YouTube by the title of your favorite journal publication to see if that journal also produces a YouTube channel.
- TED Talks
- A collection of TED Talks and playlists a variety of topics. Browse topics here.
- Khan Academy
- lecture videos from 1-30 minutes in length
- Videos through the CSUSM Library
- Select “Books & More” tab and use these limits: Full Text Available Online and Audio Visual.
- Library Media Reserves, including Video on Demand option (allows you to stream videos to CSUSM students). Keep in mind that you should leaveÂ at leastÂ 1 week of lead time for processing these requests.
Ebooks in the Library
The CSUSM University Library has an extensive collection of ebooks on a variety of topics. To find what’s available:
- Go to the University Library homepage
- Choose “Books and More”
- Enter keywords and search
- Use the limiters to narrow by “Full Text Online” to ensure all results can be accessed directly from your computer
- Limit by “Books” to filter out journals and media
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our political science databases for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course. This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).