Open Textbook Collections
- TED Talks
- Search YouTube by keywords and try filtering by channel or “Creative Commons” license (these videos are specifically labeled for reuse).
Ebooks in the Library
The CSUSM University Library has an extensive collection of ebooks on a variety of topics. To find what’s available:
- Go to the University Library homepage
- Choose “Books and More”
- Enter keywords and search
- Use the limiters to narrow by “Full Text Online” to ensure all results can be accessed directly from your computer
- Limit by “Books” to filter out journals and media
- MIT Open Courseware
- OER Commons – Ethnic Studies
- Understanding Contemporary Society
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our ethnic studies/interdisciplinary databases for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course. This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).
This page provides examples illustrating how to find permalinks in the Library’s databases.
Please contact your librarian if you are still unsure of how to find the permalink.
Other CSUSM Library Resources
More information about finding and using library resources can be found on the Ethnic Studies/Interdisciplinary Research Guide.
Have a good idea for a free resource? Tell us about it! Email your subject specialist.
Other Open Educational Resources